Contractors, Coordinators, Designers needed in Manchester
Our Homes as Energy Systems project, working with partners across Greater Manchester, has now secured 20 net-zero domestic retrofits to carry out over the next 18 months. We are excited that this high profile project will provide us with a model for designing a much wider programme of carbon-focused refurbishment with a sound, scaleable financial proposition at its heart.
The work will cover all areas of refurbishment and energy-focused retrofit, and in particular we are seeking companies interested in the following work:
- General Builders.
- External Wall Insulation specialists. Must be aligned with a system designer with appropriate warranties.
- Solar PV and battery design and installation.
- Heat Pump design and installation.
- Domestic ventilation specialists.
- High performance windows and doors.
- Retrofit Coordination (qualification required), signifcant technical support provided and forums to share knowledge with other RCs.
- Retrofit Designers – Architects, Chartered Surveyors etc. able to input on a range of design issues from property layout, to the detailing of energy measures.
Work begins in August 2021. Considerable work has already been carried out to understand the properties and the retrofit needs. Funding is in place.
To get involved please send us an email to email@example.com and mention the HaES project in the header. We are looking for responses by the 30th July 2021 but can receive inquiries after this time. We will start the development process as soon as organsiations get in touch so please do not wait until the deadline.