RetrofitWorks are working with The Retrofit London business support programme, which provides up to 12 hours of FREE expert advice and support to small-medium sized enterprises in the Construction, Property Management and Green Building Products sectors – based in Enfield, Haringey, Waltham Forest or Lewisham.
For Construction Sector businesses such as general builders who install solid wall and cavity wall insulation, heating and plumbing outfits installing energy efficient boilers and central heating systems, double glazing installers, micro-power generation specialists and professional services such as architects, energy assessors – any SME business providing energy efficiency solutions to property owners –
The Retrofit London Programme can help you Gain Access to Contract Opportunities in the Energy Efficiency Retrofit market by:
• Giving you information about contracts and building projects
• Make introductions to property owners, larger clients and supply chain leaders
• Help you get accreditations such as PAS 2030, CHAS, or Constructionline – some contracts that we bring to your attention will require these types of accreditation in order for you to be considered – For example, if you are already registered on Constructionline we can still help, with seminars and one-to-one advice to make your Constructionline profile more effective
• Help you prepare effective PQQs and tenders
• And also help with Marketing, Staff Training and Qualifications, and Financial Management
The Retrofit London business support could help you qualify as an Installer on jobs funded by Smart Homes, and onto approved supply chains.
(The Smart Homes grant scheme is available subject to conditions in Haringey, Hackney, Islington, Waltham Forest, Camden and Enfield. Click here for further information).
We are also running a Constructionline workshop early in the New Year.
We support innovative Green Building Products businesses such as StoneRad (providers of energy efficient decorative stone radiators), Pure Fuels (providers of bio-diesel fuels from recycled cooking oils for building heating, electricity generation systems and road use) and Ritec International (manufacturers of specialist glazing treatment products) – to help them raise the profile of their products and extend market reach in the property upgrade market. If you are a business providing Green Building Products and would like some assistance to strengthen your market reach please do contact RetrofitWorks.
For Property Management businesses such as lettings/managing/estate agents and landlords who are operating as a business –
The programme can help you access funding for energy efficiency improvements to your property portfolios:
- Get to grips with funding processes for Energy Company Obligation (ECO), Smart Homes, Smart Business, RE:NEW, Home Improvement Fund, etc
- Understand regulatory requirements – why landlords will need to invest in energy efficiency retrofit
- Evaluate and prioritise your property portfolio for property upgrade works
- Understand the options to help you make better investment decisions
- Source quality suppliers for technical assessments and installation work
Benefits of property upgrade:
- More secure rental incomes when tenants have lower heating bills
- Fewer complaints and disrepair cases
- Shorter void times with a warmer more attractive property
- Improved asset value
- Legal compliance to avoid penalties
Did you know that under Government proposals properties in the private rented sector must attain a minimum EPC Rating of “E” after 1st April 2018 (for new tenancies), with penalties of £1,000-£5,000 for non-compliance? This will also apply to ALL tenancies from 2020.
If you are a small-medium sized enterprise in the Construction, Property Management or Green Building Products sectors – based in Enfield, Haringey, Waltham Forest or Lewisham – we hope that you will take up the opportunity of this valuable business support programme.
To take full advantage of the FREE advice, guidance and support on offer from Retrofit London –
Contact RetrofitWorks on 0330 123 1334
Furthermore, if you or your organisation know of SMEs that may be interested in benefiting from joining the Retrofit London Programme, please get in touch with us at RetrofitWorks to work with us to spread the message.