Our retrofit process is local, trusted, & transforming the UK’s housing and building stock
WHY WE ARE DIFFERENT:
– RetrofitWorks works as a one-stop-shop using members local to you, competing on price, with all of them guaranteeing their work.
– Quotes are quickly available via our software portal before any contractors have visited site, saving you time and establishing the project at an early stage.
– Members can only offer prices once they are quality vetted, and referenced. Our standards are aligned with all major trade associations and professional institutions and available to view on our website.
– Our systems mean that you experience far fewer visits to your home to achieve a great result.
A GENERAL OVERVIEW OF OUR PROCESS:
1) IDENTIFYING APPROPRIATE WORK FOR YOUR BUILDING
We have a range of expert members that can help you decide the best measures to choose for your building. This is likely to involve an energy assessment. Some funding mechanisms require specified energy assessments which we can also organise. An important aspect of adding external wall insulation is whether or not you live in a conservation area – to download an advice sheet Click Here
2) BUDGET QUOTATION
A further site survey input to our software portal immediately generates three quotes from local installers (without them all having to visit your home). This can be carried out at the same time as an energy assessment visit.
We will work with you to identify suitable grants or finance to supplement your contribution. See additional flyers for detail of our latest and local offers.
4) FIRM QUOTATION
In order for our members to commit to a price they may need to visit the building. This can be easily organised through our online software’s diary.
Final prices are then confirmed quickly, all managed through our portal.
5) UNDERTAKE WORKS
Our strict membership entry criteria means you can rest assured of members’ high quality, guaranteed work. Our standards are compatible with the best practices of all large trade associations, including GDC PAS2030 certification.
You pay a deposit, and on works’ completion, your builder will receive any grant monies directly from the grant scheme, with you paying the balance.
We are authorised and regulated by the FCA to advise homeowners on the best available green deal grant route for them, ensuring they gain the best possible advantage from current schemes.
Some additional individual processes may be put in place by some Local Authorities, funding agencies or Advocate Members
FURTHER GRANTS FOR PROPERTIES LOCATED IN 6 LONDON BOROUGHS
If you have properties in Haringey, Islington, Hackney, Waltham Forest, Camden, or Enfield, you may be eligible for a ‘Smart Homes’ grant, of which we are part of the nominated consortium designated to carry out works :
- Install solid wall insulation or hard to treat cavity wall insulation and other energy saving measures.
- Contribute up to the value of ‘Golden Rule’ (see website for details)
- Scheme is currently projected to run until March 2015
Contact us today to see how we can help your home become more efficient by working with our membership of quality guaranteed installers.
We have also compiled a FAQ document for Property Owners which highlights some helpful points.