Location: Working in client homes, at the Head Office in Earlsfield, SE18 4UQ or at home
Salary: £35k pa (for candidates seeking qualification, £30k while completing this)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, normally 09.00-17.30 Monday to Friday, 25 days holiday pa
Applications: Please send your CV accompanied with a covering letter to email@example.com , outlining:
- Your suitability for the role with reference
- How you meet the attributes, experience and qualification criteria
- Your reasons fo applying for this role
Interviews: These will take place online, date tbc in early January.
We are looking to hire a Retrofit Coordinator to join the Ecofurb scheme at RetrofitWorks. You may be already qualified, or with sector experience and prepared to qualify.
The role of Retrofit Coordinator is a primarily client facing role, offering advice to homeowners. You will be using industry leading tools to analyse the housing stock, and support homeowners on their journey to a low carbon home from initial advice through to design, oversight and sign-off.
This is an exciting time to join the Ecofurb team at RetrofitWorks: Ecofurb launched in August 2020, offering a service for homeowners wanting to make their homes more energy efficient.
Ecofurb is a new and innovative way of working, created by Parity Projects and RetrofitWorks working in partnership. The aim is to stimulate retrofit of private homes on a large scale by offering a good value, good quality, minimum hassle service. Ecofurb currently operates across London.
This role will form a part of a team of retrofit coordinators, and report to the Ecofurb Scheme manager. The scheme is supported by a Scheme Administrator. You will also work with the wider RetrofitWorks team, who develop and enable the running of all RetrofitWorks schemes and projects including Ecofurb. The RetrofitWorks Ecofurb team also works with the Advocate lead on the scheme – Parity Projects.
- Carry out Retrofit Coordinator services for Ecofurb customers and contractors:
- survey clients’ homes, create their whole house plans, advise and help with decisions
- specify and design works, working with internal and client employed design professionals as necessary
- check works during installation and on completion, remotely or in person
- liaise with contractors during and after works, where necessary discussing areas that need careful attention, or from time to time where work doesn’t meet specifications
- There are office staff who oversee complaints, and the Coordinator will also be involved in resolution of these situations
- Convey to clients the benefits of retrofitting and the Ecofurb service during whole house plan visits and follow up
- Update the company CRM system (Airtable) to maintain a clear understanding of progress with each customer
- Provide feedback to all stakeholders to enable the improvement of tools and processes. Assist with those improvements where possible.
- Assist in the administration of customer service and compliance activity.